Workshop on Graphene/Ceramic Composites
Wherever Graphene is spoken , there we are. As soon as we knew that the first specific meeting on graphene / Ceramic Composites was organized ,we attended it with no doubt.
The workshop consisted of a separate short course to provide a basic knowledge to those who may not be experts and a conference where experts from all around the world ( U.S.A, Korea, China, Europe) exposed their incipient studies on this matter.
The use of graphene in ceramics will be real, not just a laboratory experiment and so was demonstrated last September.
Graphene flakes can support extreme temperatures which make it ideal to be used in ceramic composites for hypersonic applications, others researches are focused on improving the conductivity.
We really appreciated the presentations of:
- Csaba Balázsi Hungarian Academy of Science, Hungary
- Pavol Hvizdoš Institute of Materials Reasearch of SAS, Slovakia
- Michael J. Reece Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Filipe Figueiredo Centre for Research in Ceramics and Composite Materials (CICECO), Portugal
- Hua Li Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology & Engineering, China
- Rodrigo Moreno Institute of Ceramics and Glass (ICV-CSIC), Spain
- Juan Ignacio Paredes National Institute of Coal (INCAR-CSIC), Spain
Thanks to this workshop we could reaffirm the endless applications of the graphene and we look to the future with optimism and illusion.